Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday, April 20, 2015

I will start off by saying Friday is going to be a great day!  I will be in two places at once.  Here in Perú and in Salt Lake.  Two very different places but I will try to be in both places at once with the help of my cardboard cut out.  Also Friday is going to be an awesome day because we have a baptism!!  It is the lady that has been an investigator for years and years but she finally decided that she wants to get baptized.  We had a lesson with her and it was easy.  She just accpeted it in the blink of an eye.  We originally made the date for Saturday and then she said that she couldn't so we changed it for Friday and I was thinking about it and in my head I was like oh, that is perfect!  My brother is getting married that day.  So that should be a fun day for us all.   I hope that you all enjoy it.  

Also, today I learned a lesson.  So I was running low on money for the month and for a couple weeks I knew it so I was using less and less and today something just told me to go take out money from my personal account.  So I went and did it and when we were eating lunch this guy walked in.  He shook our hands and he was really small and he told us that he was from the stake Maranga which is in our mission.  He was a happy little guy and he started talking to us and we were eating afterwards and he was just sitting there and I noticed he was hungry because he was happy but he was looking at the food a lot.  So I asked for a menu and brought it to him and told him to order and he was like no it's ok and so I told him to just do it and so I bought him his meal.  It wasn't anything huge or anything like that but maybe he needed that meal more than I thought he did.  But it was cool because something earlier in the day when we were by the ATM told me to take money out and I did it and hey, something good happened!  

Also this week I had an interchange with our district leader and it turned out so good.  We were able to find two new people and we put a baptismal date with both of them!  One of them is a young man that was sitting in front of his door.  We were actually going to teach his uncle but his uncle wasn't there and we started teaching him lesson one in his door.  It was cool because the teenagers usually don't pay much attention but he was the whole time.  Focused.  Then when I said the first vision it got kind of silent.  Seriously there is something so special about that experience.  Every single time we say it as missionaries it is almost impossible not to feel the spirit.  He accepted baptism for the 16 of May.  Also, we had a lesson with this girl that is dating someone in our ward and we started to teach and if people cry it is normally at the end when we bear testimonies but I noticed that her eyes started to get watery and she started crying at the start of the lesson.  The whole entire time there was a special spirit there and she accepted baptism for the 9 of May.  At the end the Bishop's wife gave her testimony and the whole thing was just really awesome.  

It is crazy how fast the time is flying by.  People are completing so much time in the mission.  I want the time to slow down sometimes.  It feels like just yesterday I was here in Perú and didn't understand a thing the people were saying and struggling and now I am almost done training Elder Aroni and it is just crazy how fast time flies by.  

I hope that you all have a wonderful week and that all goes well on Friday :)  Love you all.  Haz lo justo.


No comments:

Post a Comment