Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday, October 5, 2015

Hello family!  This was a great week.  How can it ever be bad when you have general conference to listen to?  The talks were awesome and it was cool to be able to see 3 new apostles but also sad.  You could tell that all the general authorities were saddened by the loss of the apostles.  The talk about the sharks was one that I liked a lot.  Good interesting story but my favorite session of all the sessions was Priesthood.  It was probably one of the best Priesthood sessions I have heard.  One quote that I liked was that If we put in our best effort, God will add his powers to our effort.  That means a lot especially as a missionary because we always have to try to do everything possible in the short time we have.  Honestly these past couple of weeks we have been full.  We have not had enough time to do everything.  I wish there were more hours in the day.  

On Wednesday we had interviews with the Presidente!  Normally in the past we have had like 2 minutes to talk with him and then that was it.  But this time we all got more time to talk so that was fun.  The president is awesome.  And I got to talk a bunch with Hermana Larson because she was testing all the Latinos English and they didn't understand that much and she didn't either when they spoke spanish so I was the translator for a little bit.  

But ya, all I have to do is teach a class every week in District meeting.  It is difficult to teach the gospel to other people who teach the gospel all day every day but it makes you learn a lot.  I also just have to call everyone to make sure how they are doing. If they need anything and all that stuff. 

Ok, before I forget, in President Uchtdorf's talk he said the word FLAMED.  He said something about internet and that word so my question is what does that mean?  Is it a new slang or something?  Because he said that and me and all the other elders just looked around kind of confused because we had no idea what it meant.

Also this week we were just teaching _____, our investigator who is going to get baptized this Saturday.  Well when I say we were teaching her I should say she was teaching us.  She knows pretty much everything haha.  And she is giving us references and we are going to baptize her cousin tambien.  Other than that it is a little sad, our convert Samantha is going to Chile for two months.  She is going to work because they pay better in Chile than they do her in Perú so she will be gone and I probably won't see her again until I end the mission.  

Seriously being here in the mission you just develop a love for the people.  It is awesome  I love it here.  Being able to help people change their lives and just better themselves is the best thing that I could do.  I hope that you are all doing good and having fun and working hard.  I love you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment