Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 11, 2014

No tengo mucho tiempo esta semana.  We just got back from the "beach".  We went and played volleyball with our zone.  And we have to go and teach at 6.  This past week was a lot more difficult.  It feels like nobody was receptive to us.  A lot of appointments we had fell through.  I get so sad everytime because this is salvation.  I want people to know that.  I know this church is true and I want everyone to feel that happiness.  

Last p day we went on a bus ride tour of Lima and went to the top of this "mountain"  and it is incredible.  Lima is HUGE.  There are 3 million people in the mission and 14 million in all of Lima.  It was truly incredible.  One cool story from this past week was we went to a house that we were referred to and the grandma answered and kept and said her daughter wasn't there and was very stubborn.  We asked if we could share a message with her and everything she just kept saying soy católico.  Over and over again.  We were about to leave and then we asked if we could help her with anything.  She asked us a question and BAM changed.  Changed right before our eyes.  We came to common ground with her on the Bible and she was receptive.  Anyways, she said she would read the Book of Mormon and pray and we are going back tonight to check up on her.  It is incredible.  Lessons are getting easier as Spanish is getting better but I still have a long way to go.  All I want is to have the spirit with me and I can feel it and I pray constantly that those I teach are feeling it to and that it will touch their hearts.  

The food is still great.  Haven't had anything that I have needed to choke down yet.  So that is good.  Our apartment... You go through a big metal door, there are rooms but you then go up stairs.  Then you go through another door and then there are more doors to rooms.  We go through a balsa wood door that I feel like if I lean on I am going to go right through it.  Then our bathroom is to the right then you go through another door to our room.  4 different keys.  It was hard to remember but I think I got it.  

Yes, it is definitely different from America.  I get on a bus and have to duck walking because if not my head would be through the roof.  Generally I am taller than most people which is weird because I am average in the states. And Kristina, the dogs are nice for the most part.  You just walk past them.  None have tried to attack me, minus the one behind a fence that wanted to kill me.  And also, one was running at me barking but stopped but other than that they are fine.  

Mom and dad...  thank you for raising me so well and in the church.  The church is so true and it can bless the lives of everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment