Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Monday, August 25, 2014

First off, no pictures this week.  Don't have any and I don't have a lot of time to upload any.  Sounds like you all had a fun week.  I can't believe everyone is starting school.  Weird to think you all still have lives.  You don't just pause yours too??  Weird.  Haha  And this kid is reading my e-mails right behind me but I know he doesn't speak English so it is ok hahaha.  Now he called over his friends so this is weird.   They are asking me if I am a teacher of English and no.  Well, sort of, we teach classes of English to anybody who wants to come in the church.  Now I have about 6 kids around me.  This is interesting.  

Anyway...  This past week was good.  Just a lot of work and a bunch of walking around in our little area.  We had a lot of appointments fall through this past week.  But it is ok because then we have opportunities to contact people and meet new people and introduce ourselves.  This past week I had to teach a class in Sunday school for five minutes in English don't know why, then I had to say all that I said in Spanish.  It was interesting.  

We wake up at 630 and then we have personal study at 8.  Then at 9 companion study and language and others until 11.  Then we go and have appointments for an hour.  Then because of the schedule of Peruvians we go back at 12 and have another hour of study.  Then after that we have lunch at 130.  After lunch we are out in the streets until 8.  We don't eat dinner at a normal time because of the culture here.  We have an hour for dinner from 8 until 9.  Then at 9 it is back in the room, planning, carpeta de area, and other things then bed at 1030.  That is a normal day.  The oreos are oreos but they aren't the same.  And I don't think the milk comes from a cow.  I think it is a llama and another kid thinks it is from a yak so who knows.  

It is about 60-ish I think.  I don't know, the temperature units aren't the same here and I haven't seen a thermometer since I have been here.  But it is always cloudy and a little breezy.  Today was the first time I have seen the sun since Mexico.  No joke.  And it was hot.  Apparently in the summer it is really hot everyone says.  For a baptism I played the piano with one hand because we were sick of the...  I don't know how to spell it, singing without instruments.  

The people are short.  I am really tall.  Well, I feel really tall.  When I say I from the US people get really excited and shake my hand and do not let go.  But I feel like it is pretty obvious before I tell them so I don't know why I get so surprised.  We were in downtown Lima today because my companion needed new glasses and we walk around and all these people yell que lindo at me and my companion is like be careful.    Other than that, we teach a lot of people and most people are nice.  At least I think probably because I don't understand any of the bad things people say but hey I will keep it that way.  All the ward members like me.  And the whole One Direction thing ... there is a member here who his wife just got baptized and he is really funny and I love him. Anyway, it started with his like 10 year old daughter.  He was like Abril, Elder Baker is in One Direction.  Take a picture, get an autograph.  Then for everyone else he started telling them get his picture, autograph, One Direction.  So some people call me One Direction.  It is funny.  

That is all I really have for this week.  Every week I feel like I am in a race on the computer especially when our time is cut short because I have so much to write but so little time.  Anyway, I love you all.  Keep working hard.  Good luck in school, work, everything that you do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment