Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Monday, September 1, 2014

This past week we had an experience that was awesome but sad also.  We were supposed to have a meeting with the entire mission with Elder Kristofferson.  He was in Perú but he had to go back to the states for other meetings.  Instead we had Elder Suarez who is one of the presidents for the quorum of the seventy and his wife, and Elder Grow who is a member of the seventy, speak to us.  They were really good talks.  The wife of Elder Suarez only speaks Portuguese so a lady translated line for line but I understood about half of the Portuguese so that was cool.  The talks were awesome.  They pumped everyone up to do the work.    And afterward, there was a gas station where they import American candy.  And they had purple Skittles!!  My favorite.  They were ridiculously overpriced but that is ok.  I bought two packs and yes, it was worth it.  Even though I only ate one.  

The other pack of skittles I gave away.  We were going to teach a guy on Sunday who we met Saturday night.  We get there and it is his kids birthday.  So he says sorry, my fault, but another time.  We ran back to our room and made a birthday card and put a pack of Skittles, some Oreos and some other stuff in the bag and took it back to them and we have a lesson with them later this week.  The are extremely friendly and I am really excited to teach them.  

It is weird that people are starting school.  I can't believe it.  that went by fast.  It is weird that I would be starting school right now too.    Everyone here that we talk to wants to learn English so that is a good way to teach them.  We invite them to the classes that we have on Thursday nights.  The classes are funny because I get to see how I am with Spanish through their English.  Whenever people make fun of my Spanish I just say ok let's talk English haha then we say two lines of what they know then it is back to Spanish haha.  

Misc. notes:   We email from a little internet cafe!  Everyone lives in families.  Grandparents, parents, children, aunts, uncles, eveyone in the family in one house.  The ward is good.  It is developing.  It is pretty good but sometimes it is strange in somethings but oh well.  The church is the same everywhere so it is ok.  We do family history stuff in the same place we email.  We have to do it once a week.  Yes, everything is a cappella.  It is rough but oh well, the people love to sing so we will just keep it up.  There are TONS of little kids running around the church.  they always just grab all your stuff, dig through my back pack for pamphlets or tarjetas.  And they are funny.  But crazy.  The guy who calls me one direction wanted to have a staring contest with me and he owns this company that makes t shirts and so I said if I win I get a shirt and I don't remember what he wanted if he won.  Anyways, 3... 2... 1... And I clapped right in front of his face and he blinked and I won. soo...  haha it was funny.

Everything here is going good.  I saw the sun twice this past week so that is exciting.  Keep loving each other and going to church and everything.  Love you all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment