Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday, September 8, 2014

First off, I have gained twenty pounds.  Wow, I do not have time to write today!!  I am going to type super duper fast or try to at least.  Ok, so this past week was good but rough.  We dropped another baptismal date because the people here do not want to come to church.  But one cool experience.  We were contacting a house because right before I came to Perú my companion said that there was a funeral in this house.  So a 19 or 20 year old girl answers the door and we talk to her and give her a Book of Mormon and invite her to read a chapter and all that. She says she will and then she tells us that her family is Jehovah's Witnesses. We go back the next day and ask if she has questions and she had a lot about what we believe and there was a lot that she thought we believed that was not right so we told her everything and then she said she would read that night.  We go back the next day and she read the chapter, the introduction and started reading from the beginning and she was marking passages and holy cow, incredible.  Anyway, she accepted baptism for the 11 of October and to come to church and everything.  But on Sunday she couldn't come because she had to do some thing at the university.  Anyway, but I have faith that all will go well with her.

The temple was incredible.  We had a zone meeting in the morning and then we went to the temple.  It was an hour bus ride, then we were walking for 15 minutes then BAM there it was!  Beautiful.  We ate in the cafeteria and I was hoping we wouldn't have to pay, ya know, missionaries, but we did but oh well.  Then we went to the temple and me and another new kid asked for translators and they brought them but then I decided I didn't want it so I just set it on the ground and did it in Spanish.  I understood basically all of it.  And knowing the things in English helped a bit.  Anyway, so it was beautiful and so peaceful and nice to be in a calm environment outside of busy, busy Lima.  After the temple we were in a taxi on the way back and we were driving and Elder Sok, the other gringo, and I were talking and talking and we were in a wealthy part.  And at the same time, we both stop talking and go, AHHH CHILI'S!  Same time, same reaction, I want Chili's, it sounds really good. It was funny.  

Oh we have another investigator and he is awesome.  He had met with the missionaries once before I got here.  We eat lunch at his house a lot because his mom is a member and his younger brother.  He always tries to talk English with me so it is fun.  But anyway, the first lesson with him, he just said he wants to do all the things we ask.  He is reading, praying and wants to be baptized but doesn't feel like he is ready.  And this is incredible because Elder Apaza told me that before I got here, the previous lesson, it was not like that.  He came to church yesterday and so it is just awesome.  And we went and took pictures on the roof of his house and you can see so much of Lima.  It was cool, but scary because none of the buildings are finished so there are no barriers or anything on the edge of the roofs and is a straight drop to the ground so that was scary but it was cool.

I am glad that you are all doing good.  It is weird that Kristina is going to dances.  And BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am so happy that they are dominating and I don't know if I sent my prediction last week to you all or just Blake or dad, but Taysom Hill is going to win the Heisman in this year or next year.  I am just sad I won't be able to see it.    

I was kidding about the twenty pounds thing at the beginning.  Love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment