Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday, September 22, 2014

This past week was good but rough.  The week was all good, really good, and then we went to church.  We had families and all these people commit to come to church and they were excited.  Then we went to walk with them to church on Sunday morning and they either said they were sleeping and not this week or that they just didn't want to go.  That was discouraging.  Our investigator who came the previous two Sundays  didn't come to church either.  They had a birthday party for his mom the night before.  And Peruvian parties are nuts.  They literally last all night long.  And when I say all night long I mean all night long.  Like I woke up at 530 in the morning and heard the music from parties still blasting.  I don't understand how they go that long.  Go to bed people!  Anyway, so the party for his mom went all night long and we called him and went to pick him up but he was sleeping and didn't come.  So that was a bummer but he is still going good.  Progressing and keeping commitments so all is well with him.  The other girl, we aren't sure what is going on.  She told us that the Book of Mormon is true.  But this week we didn't have much contact with her.  Anytime we went to her house she was "not home", and we think her phone might have gotten taken away because she never answers it anymore.  Someone else does so hopefully we get things worked out this week.  

Other than that nothing else has really happened this past week.  Still progressing at the same pace with the Spanish.  I am starting to understand mostly everything.   One thing, I bought a basketball!  We are going to play today for p-day.   I will teach everyone how to play and they will like it.  And mom, you will be happy to hear this.  Anytime I show people the pictures of our family they say oh, muy joven su mamá.  This means that you look very young.  People are guessing in the low thirties for your age.  I think that is right isn't it?  :)  And dad, your compliment from people is, one guy said that you look very strong.  So hey, now I know where I get the muscles and the good looks haha.  I love you two.  

Yesterday we were waiting outside a house for a lesson and I hear GRINGO!!!  I look over and it was a little kid and then there were like ten more kids that ran around the corner to see the gringo.  If they came over I was going to say I am from Argentina.  Elder Apaza taught me the Argentina accent.  It is show soy Argentino.  yo soy Argentino but with show.   The writing doesn't do it justice.  Anyway that was funny.  I am gringo and proud of it.  I can't remember if I said this last week but a bunch of people think I am of Latin descent.  I have gotten told I look Argentinan or Venezuelan.  So hey, once I get good at Spanish maybe I can pull it off.  My companion tells everyone that I am from Cajamarca.  It is a place in Perú and apparently the people there are Peruvian but have lighter skin.  Everyone laughs so I don't know.  

I love you all.  Everything is going good in Perú.  I hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment