Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday, December 8, 2014

Wow, I have no time so i will try to write super fast.  I got changed and I am in la zona la libertad.  My sector is Bella Vista 2 and I am in the city of Callao.  It is like the nicest part of Callao though so don't worry mom.  My companion is Elder Fuentes and he is from Ecuador.  I am older than him by a couple months but he has 9 months in the mission.  He is a hard worker so it is good.  His last companion is going home soon so he was kind of trunky which means that you miss home and want to go home so we don't have a ton of new people to teach so we are doing a lot of finding right now.  But really, I love this sector.  The members here are really cool.  

There is one lady that is awesome.  She is probably about in the fifties.  Her husband doesn't like the missionaries very much.  But she loves them.  They live above her and they live super close to us because the other missionaries in our district live in our sector so we are always over there and she always gives us food.  And anyway the other night her husband was home but we didn't have any food because it was fast Sunday and she knew we didn't have any so she called us and told us to come over and she snuck food out to us.  She is awesome and she cooks really good.  She told me I was going to get fatter in this sector so I hope she is a liar too haha.  

We had a cool experience this week.  We were teaching a less active lady who is reactivating and her husband who is less active comes in the room.  We were teaching lesson 1 and at the end I was talking about the Book of Mormon and I just went off.  Like stuff I had never thought of and when I finished I looked over and the wife was crying and the husband was like wow.  He said, I haven't been taught in a long time.  Always it is just little things like oh hey, read your scriptures, we will visit you soon but wow, this is incredible.  I know this church is true and he is going to start coming back to church and it was so awesome.  The spirit was so strong.  It is crazy, in lessons it feels like your chest is going to explode- it is wonderful.  But sometimes I worry that it actually will burst haha.  

Congratulations Blake!!  Wow, that is crazy, I don't know my sister in law but hey, welcome to the family!!  Tell her to come on Christmas so I can skype and meet her.  

I don't have any time left really but next week I will have a lot more details and everything.  Oh, the room is a lot smaller.  And the bathroom is tiny I can barely fit in it but hey, we have a hot shower.  But the first day I was showering and I finished and all this burning hot water shot out and SMOKE.  The heater thing burned and so we didn't have hot water the next day.  But we called the guy and he fixed it and we have hot water now, so I can enjoy a shower now!  It is awesome.  

I said bye to Elder Apaza this last change meeting and it was actually really sad.  He was awesome and taught me so many good things.  He goes home in January.  

I love you all.  Have a great week.  



No comments:

Post a Comment