Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday, February 9, 2015

I seriously can't believe how fast the time flies by!!  It has been over one year since I opened up my mission call.  Two days ago we were just walking down the street and I looked at my watch which has the date and it just hit me, wow, 1 year ago I opened my mission call!      Then I though about how we went to Cafe Rio that night, too, and I miss Cafe Rio.  A pork burrito would be so good right now.  haha and then I also thought of Sydney and how it was two years since she passed away.  That was sad but I have learned in the mission so much about the plan of salvation and how much love the Lord has for us.  Also about the Atonement of Jesus Christ how He felt every single feeling we have and every single sin that we have.  And that we can be clean from all of our sins.  And we can be forgiven for our sins and we don't have to remember them anymore.  It really is a beautiful thing.  There is nothing greater because without it we couldn't return to our Heavenly Father.  

This week, I don't have a lot to report.  On Thursday we had intercambio.  I went to another sector with Elder Hulet from Texas.  I have more time than him but it was awesome.  We taught some awesome lessons.  One, about the Word of Wisdom and another about the 10 commandments.  When we taught the 10 commandments the spirit was so strong.  We were teaching a couple and normally with the 10 commandments It is pretty brief just because it is what it is.  I always felt like there wasn't a ton of explanation needed just because it is pretty simple.  But when we were teaching more and more things just came to my mind and the mind of my comp and it was great.  That was this day and in this sector I swear like everybody spoke English.  There was so many people that just wanted to speak English with us and we even had to teach a recent convert in English.  I have officially decided that it is easier to teach in Spanish.  I think I talk smoother in Spanish in a lesson than in English.  

So we have 3 people with a baptismal date.  One is this lady that is about 50 and in the first lesson she told us that she wants to change her life and be reborn spiritually and in our heads we were just like oh wow, perfect!  And she accepted baptism the first lesson!  We have another lesson with her tonight.  It is tough for her to come to church because she works but we are praying that she will be able to get work off so that she can come but we will see.  

Then the other people that have a baptismal date are _____and _____.  They are a young couple, 28 years old mas o menos and they are excited.  They love listening to us.  Anyway in the morning we went by and _____ was really excited and saying he can't wait to go to church.  In the afternoon we went to pick them up and NOBODY was home.  I thought he would be in the church, nope.  We were calling and  calling and no answer.  It was a bummer, we saw them in the night and they had a family reunion come up and went to that.  Hopefully this next week we can get them to church.

One more thing, the first vision is so powerful.  When it is quiet and you say the first vision in a lesson the spirit just fills up the room.  We were teaching a new investigator and at first it was funny.  She likes to talk and we asked her what she has heard about Mormons and she said, "that you brain wash people"  we all started laughing and explained that we aren't trying to convince them.  So anyway we started teaching and the spirit was so strong.  Especially when I said the first vision.  The fact that Joseph Smith saw God The Father and Jesus Christ is so powerful.  This really is the church of Jesus Christ.  The same church he established on the earth when he lived here.

That is my report for this week.  I hope that you all have a great week!!  I love you all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment