Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Monday, May 25, 2015

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  Yes mom, the package did arrive in time.  I got it on Wednesday and I am not going to lie, I didn't wait to open it, sorry!  But ya, a couple people here in the sector knew that it was my birthday!!  A couple people cooked food for me and some had cake!!  It was really nice, I didn't really expect them to do it because I am a new Elder in a sector so I was really grateful that they took the time to do that for me!  I was really full at the end of it all because everyone gave us food and it was hard to pack it all in!  A tradition here is to smash eggs on people's heads and throw flour on them on their birthday.  I was hoping it wasn't going to happen.  It did happen.  We taught a lesson and afterward they came out and smashed an egg on my head and threw flour on me, so it was interesting.  

 My companion is Elder Romero.  He is from Texas and he is part Mexican, part American, but he didn't speak Spanish before the mission so he is learning.  He has 4 months in the mission!  So he is my comp and my sector is Zarate.  It is really big.  My other areas have been really small but this one is huge!  I don't like being the new one in a sector because you don't know the streets or the houses so it is confusing.  But it is fun!  We have a lot of work to do because there aren't that many people to teach here!  So it is rough but we are going to find a lot of people!   

We are going to work hard this change and see miracles.  This sector is really calm compared to the last one.  There are parts where there is a lot of traffic but there is like nobody in the streets.  My last sector there were always a ton of people in the streets.  So it is a lot quieter here in this sector!   Life is good and things are going well.  I am 20 and I feel older.  

Also we had stake conference this past week and the temple president was there and gave one of the most powerful talks that I have ever heard.  It was incredible.   Love you all!  Have a great week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment