Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Monday, June 22, 2015

Hello family!  I just want to start out by saying Happy Father’s Day!!   Dad, I hope you had a great day and got lots of white shirts as your presents haha just kidding, sort of.  But I hope you had a wonderful day.  And you too grandpas.  I thought about you here in Perù.

Unfortunately, I did not burn the shirt (for his one year).  I wrote all over a shirt and we went up to the roof to burn it and this lady came up who lives in the house and she got mad at us.   She told us we couldn't be up there so that was a bummer.  We went back down, sad, I just wanted to burn it to have some cool pictures haha.  So I haven't burned the shirt yet.  Hopefully sometime I will be able to do that but it is on hold for now.  The day that I hit a year I honestly didn't remember at first.  Until I was getting ready for the day and I saw the date and I was like hey, I have a year.  But anyways, to celebrate that night I drank Inca kola and we ate pollo a la brasa so that was good.  Other than that it was just a normal day.  

So this week we had this lesson that I think was one of the better lessons that I have had in my mission.  It was seriously really good.  I might have told you all about this girl before but her sisters are all converts and her mom got reactivated and this girl has really been able to see the difference in her family.  We started the lesson and decided that for the lesson we were just going to ask her the questions for the baptismal interview.  We started and the first question todo bien.  The second one about the church and Joseph Smith she said that based on what her mom and sisters have told her she believes that it is true but she doesn't know that she is still investigating then that led to a whole different conversation that started going and we got on the topic of baptism and she was saying that she has her boyfriend and they have been together for a while and she doesn't want to accept the gospel and be in the gospel alone and she wants to accept it with her boyfriend.  She then proceeded to state that she knows that the church is true.  And so after that I asked her that if it wasn't for this problem if she would be baptized in the church and she said yes.  Another part of this whole thing is that this girl sometimes when she is not talking has kind of a mean look like she just looks serious...  But during the lesson her whole face just changed.  She started softening up, really thinking and you could tell that the spirit was just working inside of her.  It was incredible, we started going and going and talking and asking questions and she was opening up and we invited her to be baptized and...  she said no.  She said that she wants to fix some stuff up first and so that was a bummer, the lesson was so good but it is ok.  We will keep working with her.  It was awesome and we just have to break down one or two icebergs.  She is ready, we just need to help her see it.   

The next good thing that happened from this week was that we had the temple dedication of the temple in Trujillo!!  It was so good.  I have gone to two temple dedications, I think, before this one but this one was definitely my favorite.  President Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar came down for the dedication.  President Uchtdorf was hilarious.  When they went outside of the temple to seal the cornerstone - or whatever it is called in English - he was funny.  He was talking in English and the translator he had didn't translate it all and so all the American missionaries were laughing and everyone else was a little lost.  He was saying wow, you do that perfect (when they put the cement on) and then the wife of the seventy put it on and he was like ya, your husband definitely learned from you.  And when the kids came up he was talking to them all in English and they didn't understand anything.  One of them put it on and he goes I can tell you are going to be a craftsman when you grow up and to another girl he gave her directions to take a picture in English and she just kind of looked at him with a deer in the headlights look.  But other than that the ceremony of dedicating the temple was wonderful.  Seriously at certain points the room just got like a heat wave because the spirit was so strong.  It was incredible and now Perù got a little bit brighter because now we have two temples down here!  Anyway, it was a good highlight for Fathers day since I couldn't be with my dad, I was celebrating it and helping to dedicate a temple to my Heavenly Father.  It was a good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment