Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

I am probably not going to be writing for a long time next week so I just wanted to express my feelings about my mission since I will be home next week.  These have seriously been the best two years for my life.  They have been hard, I have been rejected, had doors slammed on me, been spit on, had drinks thrown on me and many other things..  But I would not change it for a thing in the world.  I have been able to follow the Saviors footsteps in this time.  I have not experienced almost any of the things He experienced but I have never felt better than in the moments that the Spirit confirmed to me that I was doing that right thing and that I was doing what the Savior would do if he himself was personally ministering to the people of Lima, Perú.  God loves these people and I do too.  I have learned that no matter what we do, God will always love us.  We are his children and he desires that we all be saved and return to his presence.   I can now say without a doubt is that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and that He loves me and paid the price for me so that I can one day return to God's presence.  I know without doubt that Joseph Smith, a young boy of 14 years saw God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ.  They really did talk to him and called him to be a prophet of God.  I know that today we have prophets and apostles that still talk with God and receive revelation to guide us through this life that can have many challenges.  

These past two years have saved me.  They changed the course of my life and eternity forever.  Also the life of my future family.  It is so comforting knowing that families are forever.  I am grateful to have great grandparents, grandparents, parents, friends and many more people in my life that have had testimonies of the gospel.  I am also grateful that my future children will be able to have the gospel in their lives, and their children and like that a chain of members of the church throughout time and all eternity.

Bello Horizonte
Bellavista
Zarate
Santa Cruz
Jorge Chavez

5 wards but countless numbers of people that i have met that have impacted me greatly.  I feel that on my mission I have been impacted way more by the faith and testimony of these people.  I am grateful for all of my companions that taught me something new and helped me grow spiritually.  

I love you familiy and I am so grateful for you and all my friends as well.  To all the people that have helped me grow throughout my 20 almost 21 years of life.  

Yo se que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es la unica iglesia verdadera sobre la faz de la tierra.  Yo se que Dios es mi Padre Celestial y que Jesucristo vino aca al mundo, sufrio, murio y gracias a el y su expiacion todos podemos ser limpios y salvos.  Jose Smith vio a Dios y a Jesucristo.  Presidente Thomas S Monson es un profeta de Dios.  Las escrituras contienen la palabra de Dios.  Se que Dios contesta oraciones y escucha atentamente a cada uno de sus hijos.  Se que el sacerdocio es un poder real.  El poder de Dios que el da a los hombres para ayudar a llevar a cabo la inmortalidad y vida eterna del hombre.  Se que los templos son las casas de Dios.  Las bendiciones del templo son reales y podemos ser sellados a nuestras familias para siempre.  Amo a Jesucristo.  Amo a Dios.  Amo ser misionero.  Amo mi mision y estoy muy agradecido por haber tenido la oportunidad de servir al Señor por 2 años.  

I love you all family!!  Thank you for all your love and support.  See ya soon!

Love, Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment