Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday, January 12, 2015

Hello wonderful family!!  How is everyone doing?   No I did not get a new comp.  Cambios (transfers) are mañana and we find out who goes and who stays tonight so we will see.  I think he  will probably stay one change more but who knows?  He has three changes here so he might go.  

From this week, hmmm what can I say?  Ohhh so this past week I have been praying and praying that we could find a new person to teach.  Someone that is ready.  And two Sundays ago, the 4th, we got a reference.  This kid is 12 years old and his sister is a member.  His mom isn't but she wants him to be baptized.  So we taught him the first time and he didn't really have a knowledge of anything.  But he learned some things pretty quick.  He is kind of shy but is breaking out of his shell with us.  Anyway, he likes the church and he had gone to church before but now he is really learning things!  He has a baptismal date for the 31st of January!  He is awesome, he is 12 but he looks like he should be in primary haha.  

Then we were walking in the street another day and this guy contacted us.  He said hi to us and then we contacted him and when he was little he remembers that the missionaries were in his house but he never listened because he was really little.  He basically invited us to come to his house and teach him.  We went to his house yesterday but he wasn't there.  We are going to be passing by this week and hopefully we can make progress with him.  Also, he was with a girl and a kid so I hope he is married!  He looks like he is about 25-ish.  We will see with him!  Let's hope he will listen.  

Anyway, that is the most exciting things from this week.  We almost got robbed again. too.  Sorry mom, but we didn't so you don't have to worry.  This is a story to spice up this e-mail a little.  My companion was talking on the phone in the street (which you shouldn't do) because we were trying to contact a reference.  Then three guys came up and I didn't have anything valuable on me so I was just thinking, "our cell phone, again, seriously?"  Then my companion just bolted off sideways in a little speed walk and the guys saw that there were people around so they said, "we were lying we were lying, we don't rob!"  Uh huh, suuuure.  But ya, that is that.  And we are good and nothing happened.  

Another exciting thing, I now have weights in my room so that is cool.  Elder Piña is leaving and I bought his from him haha, for 60 soles.  Here just a pair of weights is like 90 soles and I got a pair of weights and a bar so it was a good deal.  Love you all!!  Have a wonderful week.


No comments:

Post a Comment