Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday, January 19, 2015

Hello family sounds like you all had a good week.  It is nice that you got to go up to grandparents house for grandpa's birthday.  Save some cake for me please.  I am going to start out this email by saying, I. AM. FRIED.  I got absolutely roasted today.  We went and did the bikes again by the beach and mom, the tops of my knees look like yours after a day watching softball for you.  I can feel the heat coming off of my body.  

This week we have a baptism!  The twelve year old is going to get baptized.  We moved his date up a week.  He is going to all the activities and everything and church and he likes it all so it is great!  He is really shy and really little but he is awesome.  I am excited for him.  Also, last night we placed a baptismal date with a senior couple.  They have 88 and 83 years.  When we were teaching them I instantly just started to love them.  Because, I thought of the grandparents that I have and how much I love them and how much I would want someone else to treat them with love.  They are old and fragile but they accepted a baptismal date for the 14 of Febrero so hopefully they will be able to come to church and listen to us.  They had a son that died because of alcohol so they liked the fact that we believe families can be together forever.  That is a major thing that I think we take for granted sometimes.  Literally we have the priesthood power in our church to seal families together on earth and in the life that comes.  This isn't all we have, we have a life after this that we can live with our families.  

We originally went to this house to contact their daughter because she said that she wanted the missionaries to come teach her.  She wasn't home but we taught the parents.  Her boyfriend is a member so hopefully we can get her to progress and listen because that would be a big help for her parents.  

What else what else....  Oh, my companion and I didn't have a change so we are still here working hard.  I am glad that he didn't have a change.  One change is so short to do all this work with a companion.  The people grow to love the missionaries that are in the area.  So I am glad that he got to stay.  Also, it is very weird, Elder Apaza finished his mission!  It is crazy, my trainer is gone and in his house.  He called me the night before he was going to leave.  I will miss him, he taught me so many good things and most importantly how to work hard and be a good missionary.  

This week we have President Godoy from the 70 coming to talk to us.  The mission will be divided in two and my group is going to go on Thursday.  I am so excited.  These men are literally men of God and the spirit is so strong with them.  It will be good for us and we will learn so much.  

That is about all that I have for this week.  Can't think of any more things to exciting to report.  But I hope that you all have a wonderful week!!  Choose the right.  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment