Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Monday, December 7, 2015

So this week was another week that absolutely flew by!  It is crazy how fast the weeks go.  And it was fun because we got to teach the people with the ha nacido un salvador - the new video that the church released!  It is so wonderful because hearts can be softened this time of year.  There is a special Christmas spirit whenever we have the opportunity to talk about the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  

Speaking of that, the Christmas devotional was great!!  One of my favorite parts was when Elder Bednar was talking about the signs of Christ and what the Lord said when he came to America.  THE LIGHT.  Christ is light of the world.  In any place that is dark the Lord Jesus Christ fills it with light.  I had never thought about that before.  All the signs of light...  A day a night and a day without darkness.  A new star in the sky, etc...  Then Jesus Christ said he is the light and when he was crucified there was darkness in the world.  That is the part that hit me the most in the devotional is that JESUS CHRIST IS THE LIGHT.  

This week was another good week with _____.  He is progressing so well!  So I think it told you all last week that he smoked because it was the only thing he could do to keep himself calm.  Anyways we told him that between each time he smoked to make it more time than the last time.  So on Sunday we told him that and on Monday he came into the lesson we had and he told us that he had not smoked the whole entire day!! My mind was just completely blown in that moment and the joy in his face and the joy that we felt in the room was incredible.  We saw him almost every day of the week and we played soccer with him too!  He is the best and we are going to the temple with the ward on Friday and we are hoping he comes with us!

This week I also had the blessing to baptize someone.  In my district we are 9 missionaries.  Me, my companion and 7 hermanas.  So I do all the baptismal interviews in the district and sometimes the hermanas need someone to baptize their investigator so since I did the interview a week ago their investigator chose me to baptize her.  It was a great blessing.  It is always the best to be able to participate in a baptism.  

I hope that you all have a great week, be safe, have fun and share the gospel with someone.  I love you all!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment