Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday, April 11, 2016

[So that you understand his letter - their apartment was broken into in the middle of the night a few days ago]

So this week was definitely interesting.  Haha.  So ya, we had in our house like an open area up above where you could get in.  Like we lived in a garage and the first wall had a big door to open up for cars but that is always locked and then another normal door to go in.  But when you get in there is a little patio area that is there that does not have a roof up above so in the middle of the night someone, or a bunch of people, i don't know, jumped down in and decided to take some stuff.  They got my camera, bag with my scriptures in it, wallet and my monadero which is like a little pouch with change in it.  We were asleep and at 6 o clock in the morning we hear, "Elderes, elderes, elderes, elders" over and over and over again and we woke up and a member was in our room saying, "your door is open."  So we got up and saw that my things were gone so that was a bummer.  We looked out in the patio area and on the wall there was a footprint and the marks of hands on the wall.  When they left our room they left the door open so that is how we found out.  So we had to take all of our valuable things out of the room and put them in another missionaries room. 

Above my study desk I have a really big picture of Jesus Christ.  So we think that maybe in the middle of the night he was grabbing stuff then looked up and saw a picture of Christ, got scared and ran out. 

I learned a really good lesson from all of this.  Like I said, we had to take all of our valuable things out.  As I was looking for my valuable things to put them in a suitcase I realized that the things I consider valuable have changed.  I wasn't very concerned about the watch I had in there or a couple other things that you could maybe sell for some money.  But I was more concerned about Book of Mormons that I had marked up before, journals, study journals and things like that.  Ya, bummer I lost the other things like a camera but what I want back the most are the scriptures.  That is what I miss.  So that was a good reflection time for me.  It was good to see what are the things that are most valuable to me now.

After that the week was stressful because we had to sleep in the room of other misisonaries.  Also the days were full of walking up and down the streets looking for a house that was renting rooms.  We found one on the last street we tried of the day so we were exhausted after.

Yesterday, in PerĂº were the elections.  So it was different because we were not allowed to contact people and we had to be in our rooms at 630.  It was actually really calm and not dangerous, at least where we are.  They narrowed it down to the two last candidates so there are more elections in May or June, so we will see!

Other than all of that it was actually a really good week with a lot of success!  We had a couple of investigators that we are teaching tell us that they want to get baptized.  That was exciting news.  Also, we are still teaching ____ and her daughter _____, we are hoping that they get baptized this week.  They are so cool.  But we think that she likes to play games with us because sometimes she really wants to do it and other times not so much so this will be a very important week for them and us.  We are just hoping and praying that everything goes well so that they can get baptized this week.  Today we found another room and we are moving in later today so that is good.  But it will be tiring because it is on the 4th floor of this house.

Anyways, I hope that you all have a wonderful week!  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment