Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday, October 13, 2014

Hola Familia!!  Conference was amazing!!  I got to watch all the sessions in English except for one because I sat with our investigator to answer any questions but that is ok.  The talks were so good and seriously you feel like some of them just punch you in the face but it is a good punch in the face.  It feels good when the Spirit smacks you.  Haha but really, conference was incredible and there was such a good spirit.

This past week I am glad to report that I was better from the sickness.  Then I got sick again hahaha.  This time it was worse though, but it was from the afternoon and I didn't really sleep that night but it is all good.  They think I ate something bad and had a stomach infection so they gave me these pills that I had to take for a couple days then I was all better.  And I am good now, no problems and I am not going to get sick again.  All is well.  More good news, I revived my camera.  Mas o menos.  I try to turn it off and it shuts halfway then if I press the button again it starts having a spaz attack and making a machine gun noise so I just have to shut if with my fingers and push the lens in so there is that.  but it takes pictures and all so I think we are good!  

One experience from last night was crazy.  We were about to be back in our room and BAM.  We get a phone call from these Elders in our district.  They were in our area searching for a guy.  This is an old guy in our ward and he has alzheimers.  He will walk around and forget where he lives.  He went to go to church in the morning and it was at the stake center so even farther away and he left at 6 in the morning and his wife called us at 8 at night!  So we are running around everywhere trying to find this guy and he could be anywhere and some parts are a little sketchy but oh well, nothing happened.  We searched for about an hour and couldn't find him.  So hopefully he gets found soon or has some ID on him so he can get returned to his home.  

This past week was good.  Nothing really exciting happened that is like WOW.  Ok I lied because the missionary work is incredible so everything is wow.  But from this past week the highlights are that _____ is still progressing and his baptism is this Saturday!  Out of the Elders in my district, we have 5 baptisms scheduled for this Saturday!  It will be an awesome day of seeing people be baptized.  Baptism is the door for all the other things we are going to do in our life.  It starts everything and we receive a gift afterwards that will guide us in everything!  For our whole life if we are worthy of it.  Also we have another baptismal date for the 25th with ____.  He is 15 and came with us to both sessions of conference yesterday!  Hopefully he continues to progress and feel the spirit in his life.  So ya, we have two baptismal dates and we received a lot of names this past week from the mission of menos activos that we have to go find.  Normally each area receives 20 names but... We received 83 and we have to contact them all by the end of October.  Luckily the names are divided between the Elders in our district so we have 33 that we need to find.  That will be quite the task.  We have changes on the 21st I believe and I pretty much know for a fact that Elder Apaza is leaving which is a big bummer.  I am going to have to lead out the area which will be a good experience but I just hope I am not training a gringo because todavía I don't speak Spanish!  But whatever happens all is well because it is the will of the Lord and everyone is called to a specific place at a specific time for a specific reason!  

Love you family, keep saying your prayers and reading your scriptures!  Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment