Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Monday, October 20, 2014

No baptisms this week.   ____ was not ready and so we had to push his date back.  It is scheduled for this Saturday but we are going to see if he is ready by that time.  So, we could have one this week but we might not, so we will just have to wait and see.  Ok, this story is crazy, we have a kid who is a less active.  20 years old and we have taught him a couple times.  We saw him and we were talking and his compañero de trabajo (co-worker) died.  He fell from the roof of the work and died.  We were talking to him because he never comes to church and we were like you need to come to church.  Then he was like ya, ya, I know but what do I have to do to be a member of your church?  My companion and I just looked at each other in shock!  He has been in our area book as a less active for quite some time and the first time he met with my companion before I got here he said he was a member.  But this time he said he was a member of the church Evangelica and was baptized in that church, not our church.  So, needless to say, he has a baptismal date for 29 de Noviembre.  

This past week we had an interesting experience.  This guy was using the phone outside the house of these recent converts that are 14 and 12.  We were teaching them in the doorway and this guy finishes his call and steps through us and says permiso and so all is well.  But, five steps more and he turns around and starts screaming at us.  He was saying how we don't use the Bible and we only use the Book of Mormon so our church isn't true.  And how only the Bible is the word of God and that we don't need more.  And he just kept on going and going and so we walked over to him and asked if we could talk because we didn't want him to yell at the conversos recientes and we walked to him but he started to walk away but then he turned around and kept yelling.  Walked to us and was yelling and he raised his hand and in my mind I was like oh it's about to go down.  Luckily he put it down and kept yelling and then walked away.  BUT, THE CRAZY THING IS, before he started yelling, we were reading with them in the Book of Mormon about how people will be mad and say that we don't need another Book because only the Bible is the word of God.  It is crazy because all of that mans anger was just a testimony to that scripture.   It just strengthens my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  

No more sickness this week, so that is good.  I don't really have that much to report this week.  Except for it is getting hotter and I love it because finally the sun can shine and I can get a nice tan line on my arms.  Hey, how are the Heat doing?  Send me some updates of the NBA.  That would be great.  Thank you.   And I will throw this in, we were teaching a lesson a couple weeks ago and through the wall a song just started blasting and I was like hey, I know that song!  Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi.  I started thinking of Dad and the song just made me start laughing.  Not going to lie, it was very difficult to hold in my laughter but it was hilarious.  

We have cambios (transfers) tomorrow and we are pretty positive that my companion is leaving.  We will find out in a couple hours but it is pretty much for sure.  So that means that most likely I will be leading out this area.  Crazy.  Hopefully I don't have to train a gringo haha.  That would be hard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment