Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday, October 27, 2014

Hola from Bello Horizonte!!!  This week, I got a new companion.  His name is Elder Hernández and he is from El Salvador and has 20 months in the mission.  It is really strange getting a new companion.  I miss Elder Apaza a lot but it is ok because it is already normal between Elder Hernandez and I.  Once again, my companion doesn't speak English.  He speaks hardly any but I love it, and he isn't studying English, doesn't want to, so we can just speak Spanish the whole time.  It is great.  But with him not speaking English, he told me that he doesn't really like to talk, like he isn't good with his words.  AND since I am leading out the area I know all the people and the area and yeah.  So this past week, I have done so much more talking.  I have to start everything, end everything and I LOVE IT!!!  It is so fun and my Spanish, no joke, was pretty good before but it is taking off now and it's great.  Seriously the gift of tongues is real.  

We didn't have our baptism this week, hopefully we have it this Saturday.  We are hoping and praying but we will see.  ONCE CRAZY EXPERIENCE.  So we were teaching ____ last night and we were having him stand up and do this demonstration.  He was holding books out in front of him and we were seeing how long he could do it.  When he was doing that.... FLASHBACK...  Literally it is like this flashback punched me in the face.  I had a dream YEEEEAAAARRRSSS ago.  I was sitting in a room and there was someone in front of me.  They were holding books and the room in the background had these windows and a television and a sofa.  When ____ was holding the books, even though I didn't remember the dream before, I literally got smacked in the face like holy cow.  This is the same room, that is the same table and tv.  That is the same stack of books.  His shirt was the same and now I know it was the same person.  In this moment I could remember my dream so clearly.  It was crazy.  It was such a testimony builder.  I know that missionaries are called to be in specific places at specific times for specific people.  I know without a doubt in my mind that there are people here that have been prepared to listen to the message that I have to deliver.  This experience was so cool and such a testimony builder.  Always, we can have people around us that need to hear the gospel and we are the people that can give it to them.  

Spanish is better than English.  Well, in some ways,  Trying to teach English, wow, English is hard.  We have so many strange rules.  Spanish has irregular stuff and all but everything is clicking.  I can pretty much say everything that I want to now in Spanish.  I just have to get more words in my head now.  Spanish is so cool!!  

Other than that, this week was normal.  Just more work and all but it is so great.  It is making me a better missionary.  I hope that all is well at home.  I hope that you are all having fun and have a good Halloween for me.  I don't know if Perú celebrates it.  From what I have heard, no, but whatever.  It is chill.  THANK YOU FOR THE CANDY!!!  Especially the double stuffed oreos, they don't have them here.  and I forgot what they tasted like.  You are the best. 

And wow, throw this in the email too.  I ate raw chicken.  And I remember in foods class that the effects from a food sickness can be anywhere from 30 minutes to thirty days.  I took a bite and was like wow, this is not cooked at all.  Found a part that was cooked bit into it and realized it was just the top part.  It was literally raw chicken.  I hid the rest under a napkin and didn't eat it.  

I love you family! Remember to say your prayers and read your scriptures!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment