Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday, March 16, 2015

This week was awesome and we have some really good things going.  First of all I am going to tell you about ____.  He is our investigator that has a baptismal date.  So he still has a lot of pain in his head and all that but he is doing so well!  And I take back my words from the past week about him being a mommas boy.  Well most of them.  We had another lesson with him this past week and we asked him again if he would be baptized the 28 to make it a solid date.  And then his mom again said no, he isn't ready.  He needs to be more healthy.  And he needs to know more and all this stuff.  And I got kinda down like whyyyy??  Then he put his hand up and cut off his mom and looks at us and says, yes, I would like to be baptized on the 28 of March.  I wanted to jump up from my seat and just run around like crazy!!  And then afterwards he said and I want this to be my church for the rest of my life.  I got so excited.  And also in this lesson we didn't have anyone to go with us but then the relief society president said she  could and we were explaining his situation to her.  And I asked if her husband likes computers because he knows a lot and she said yes and so I said oh, ____ also, we want your husband to come with us to visit him one time.   And after that randomly she just goes, my husband knows how to play guitar if anyone wants to learn.  And at the end of lesson, out of nowhere, ____ says, and I really want to learn how to play the guitar and me my companion and the president we all just looked at each other like what in the world??  It was meant to be.  

So he is going to get baptized the 28 and we have a white night.  In the zone we have a bunch of baptisms so we are going to do them together and president Borg is going to come.  That will be awesome.  

Another experience from this week is from Friday.  We went to visit a less active and he has never let us in his house because he always says that he is super busy.  So I was kind of expecting the same thing this time with him.  But we got there, he opened his door and he said, you have 10 minutes.  So we went in and he just started talking.  Opening up to us and telling us everything that was going on.  We obviously ditched our lesson plan since we didn't have time and it was awesome.  He said the he felt more peace in his life after that.  And he also said that he didn't even remember that we had an appointment but that it was much needed.  

Also, a couple funny stories from this week.  So first we had breakfast one day with the mom of the missionaries here.  Her husband who doesn't like us was there and he was like ( not sure if he was joking or not haha )  why are they here?  Why do they have to come?  Then we ate and left and then that night she invited us back because she had made a cake.  So we came in and he goes, again?  They are back again?  So we ate the cake and we started joking around with him.  First he was playing chess online.  He is really good and my companion goes, if I beat you, you have to read the Book of Mormon and we all laughed and then her husband says, if I win you can't ever come back!  So we laughed and I was like yaaaa, don't play him haha.  Then later while i was finishing eating.  My companion was talking to him and I snagged a picture of the priceless moment :)

I hope that you all have a wonderful week watching March Madness without me.  Remember me while you are watching.  I am putting my bet in that I called before the season started that Kentucky is going to win it all.  Thank you very much.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment