Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday, March 2, 2015

This past week was definitely interesting.  I learned so much!!  it is so awesome being a trainer.  My son is named Elder Aroni and he is from Cusco Perú.  He is 18 years old.  He speaks Quechua a little bit and I told him the name of the Book of Mormon in Quechua that I thought I was saying right the whole time and he said that it wasn't Quechua what I was saying so that was a bummer haha.  But ya, he is awesome!  He is shy just like I was at the start of the mission but I love talking so it is nice.  

This first week was really interesting.  I felt bad, the second day that he had here in the field was one of the most unsuccessful days that I have had here haha.  We went around the whole day and all of our appointments fell through everyone we talked to said no so it was a bummer.  But the day after that we got to go to the temple.  And it was awesome because we took 5 converts with us!!  And they all went in the temple and did baptisms.  It was such a blessing to see that.  And we also took one less active that we reactivated and he went in a session for the first time in a long time and it was awesome.  And they all took names of the ancestors to do the work for them!!!  So ya, you can say that it was a good day.  Then the day after was probably one of the more successful days that I have had in the mission.  We found new people we taught a bunch of people and it was just sweet.  

Then in church on sunday the guy that I talked about last week came to church.  He stayed for all three hours and he said he liked it a lot.  He said that he wants more time to know the church and wants more time so he can call the church his home.  Also we had one of the weirdest lessons that I have ever had.  A guy contacted us in the streets and he knew about our church already and so we went to his house and he started to tell us a story and it was weird and he asked me questions that nobody has ever asked me before here in the mission and hahaha it was just funny and weird.  But we will see in the next visits we have with him how that goes.  

It was just a really good week.  Also we found some other new people.  This girl brought a friend to church and she wants to listen to us and she is interested and we have lessons with her this week so we will see how all of that goes.  But we are super excited to teach her.  

If I have seen anything else this week in myself it is that I am bolder.  In all moments.  I am not scared to talk in any situation now.  it is nice and it makes you feel good.  Before it was kind of like oh no, I am the junior companion and they can answer but now I am the senior companion and trainer and it is so cool.  I can feel the Lord's hand in my life more than ever now.  He is blessing us as we continue to work hard.  

I hope that you all have a wonderful week!!  Keep doing good things and choosing the right.  Also, when the march madness brackets come out, send me one!  haha I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment