Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday, August 17, 2015

Hello family so I was actually really nervous about this past week because I was getting a new comp and we didn't have a lot as far as investigators go because we just had three baptisms.  So, change meeting and I am sitting really close to Elder Aroni and we were talking and they announce the changes: Elder Baker va a recibir... Elder Tauma.  Elder Aroni (I trained him) was companions with Elder Tauma in the CCM.  So Elder Aroni looked at me and was like en serio???  It was hilarious!  So I already knew my companion a little bit so that was cool.  But anyway we hit the ground runhing.  It was such a good week.  We got to work.  I honestly dont know if I have ever been so tired here in my mission just from walking around so much.  But it is awesome.  Especially on Saturday we were seriously just exhausted.  But then every time we are exhausted it makes you feel good because you know you worked hard.  And I remember that when I was set apart as a missionary in the blessing he said that if I work and am obedient the Lord will give me energy to keep going the next day, IT'S TRUE.  Seriously it was awesome.  I would wake up in the morning and still be tired (because you are always tired in the mission) but I somehow would just go and do it.  

My companion is Elder Tauma from Chachapoyas Perú.  It is the first time that the country where my companion is from has repeated.  First Bolivia, El Salvador, Ecuador, Perú, Estados, Y ahora otra vez, Perú.  He is awesome.  He is 21 and was baptized about 5 years ago.  He is really little so it is fun sometimes, I feel like a giant.  

So this week we focused a lot on finding and inviting to baptism.  We were able to compltete the goals that we had in both of those categories.  So that was fun.  Also Frank, my convert, was confirmed yesterday and then got called up in sacrament meeting to give his testimony.  He is seriously awesome and he has a big testimony.  Everyone tells him that he is going to be big in the church someday.  I told him that in a lesson and he told me that in his interview with President Larson, that President Larson told him the same thing.  Va a ser grande!  

Last night we also had a lesson with this little old lady who is less active but mostly just because she can't go to church alone and her son doesn't really want to go right now.  She is a lady that is normally really hard?  Like, hard to crack.  And she likes to make jokes and not really be serious.  She told us about a problem she had and she was fine up until the very end.  We started teaching her and she cracked.  She told us more of her story and she just started crying and it was really sad, we helped her out and gave her a blessing, then after that my companion and I sang a hymn for her.  Soy un hijo de Dios.  And like you all probably know when I sing I like to just mess around and do whatever but man I don't know if a choir of angels was helping us out or what but we sounded pretty dang good. haha Singing is cool and invites the spirit even though I am not the best at it.

Anyways, that was this week.  Haz lo justo!


No comments:

Post a Comment