Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hola!!  YOUR BOY OFFICIALLY HAS HIS FLIGHT PLAN FOR PERÚ.  WE LEAVE THE CCM ON MONDAY AT 8 PM AND OUR FLIGHT IS AT 11:50 PM.  We should get to Perú at 6 in the morning on Tuesday so we might be a little exhausted but who cares?  I'M GOING TO PERÚ!   Getting my flight plan was a little bit like Christmas.  Probably top 20 best moments of my life.  Maybe top 10, who knows.  

Anyway, the Spanish is coming good.  This week my teacher asked me again what I have been doing to improve so fast.  I told him I haven't really done anything different.  It all just kind of clicked.  So he told me I need to help teach in class and help the people who were struggling.  I am second best at Spanish in my district and my companion is the best so our lessons have been going really good.  I am confident with my Gospel Spanish now, but I know that when I get to Perú I will be so lost haha.  I just hope that I have a good trainer so I can get off to a good start!  I am so excited to go to Perú and just help people.  Speaking of helping people....  On Thursday we have TRC and that is where the CCM pulls in people from Mexico City and we teach them.  You could get a non member, member, inactive member, who knows.  We had to skype because our people couldn't make it to the CCM.  We started talking to them and the lady in her twenties was a member and her nephew who was 12.  Her other nephew who is 12 was there and wasn't a member.  I immediately got so excited.  We asked him what he knows about this and that and then we talked about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and at the end he committed to read it!  we won't teach him again so we won't be able to follow up but it was so cool hearing him say he would read it.  I didn't even know what to say in the moment I just started smiling it was so cool.  

I gave a talk in Sacrament this week on baptism and it was cool.  I definitely went over the five minute time limit we are given to speak but oh well.  I sat down and my companion said that everybody said I was talking really fast.  It's good because the talk was all in Spanish and out of the corner of my eye the whole time I could see the branch president nodding his head so in my mind I was just like yesss I am doing good.  It was hard to come up with things to talk about that weren't the same as everyone else since our spanish is limited so I talked about how we need to be baptized unto repentance and how much we need to stress baptism to our investigators because it is our first covenant with God and our first step to return to him.  We are baptized and we promise to take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ.  This is a really cool thought for me since I am a missionary.  I literally have the name of Jesus Christ on the name tag on my chest every moment.  When I take the name tag off at night to go to bed it feels like I am taking a part of me off.  I am so blessed to have this special opportunity to represent the Savior for these two years.  It truly is incredible and I have already seen miracles happen.  We always need to be acting properly because people are always watching.  we are role models for people and we may not even know it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment