Lima Peru Temple

Lima Peru Temple
Lima Peru Temple

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This week was just the same as all the others.  Study, teach, study, teach, etc...  I love it here but i just want to get to Peru.  I can't believe I am halfway done with the CCM.  The time is flying by so I just need to use it wisely.  

The 4th of July we didn't really do anything.  Except at lunch, one of the Mexican workers in the comedor got on the microphone and was like "Elders y hermanas, I need you to settle down.  I have a very important announcement:  Happy Fourth of July." Then everyone started cheering and screaming it was funny.  Then at lunch we all stood up and sang they national anthem and they put out red white and blue for us, it was nice.  After that we had a normal day.  I was hoping they would surprise us with fireworks at the end of the night but that was a no go.  

Another thing we had this week is new investigators.  In this teaching session we didn't know if we were going to get a member, an inactive person, or a nonmember.  Our person didn't show up so we taught a different girl who is 19 and turning in her mission papers soon.  The spirit was awesome and at the end of the lesson she told me that my Spanish was really good and to not be afraid to speak it because I am really good so that was cool.  

I think we have about 800 people in the CCM now.  When we got here we were the first big group and we made it about 400 so it is pretty packed.  It is supposed to be over 1,000 by the time we leave.  I have no idea where they are going to fit everybody but I guess I will find out.  We also got to go to the Mexico City temple today.  It is closed for renovation but we got to go in the visitors center and walk around and take pictures.  Getting to leave the walls of the CCM felt like Christmas.  It was so nice because we are just enclosed in the CCM surrounded by a 20 foot high wall.  Mexico city is not the nicest place but I waved to every single person and they seemed pretty nice so that was cool.  

I don't really have much to say this week because every day in the CCM is the same schedule.  Oh, we had an old talk from President Holland at the MTC from a couple years ago as our devotional on Sunday and it felt like he was in my face the whole time.  Such a good talk!  

No comments:

Post a Comment